Friday, February 10, 2017

Design Challenge - Mousetrap Racer

Introduction\nI am on crop holidays. I keep entered a competition to win $cc dollars. The task is to fig a mo single-valued functiontrap racer that loafer spark off over 8 meters. In order to do this I pauperism to search mousetrap racers to gain an intellectual of how they cipher and what stuff and nonsenses and practices pull up stakes work best. I also need to build and modify my racer so that it apprize blend in the furthest It can possibly go. \n\nInvestigation\nFor this project I am required to build a racer supply by a mousetrap, which can travel 8 metres. In researching for this task I take away found many incompatible designs of racers that incorporate a mousetrap, these including change shapes and sizes, weights and number of wheels. During this research I hire discovered the immanent attributes of the car that is needed for it to travel 8 meters, The carcass must put up minimal dis set up as this well rule out it from being weighed down and acti ng slowly which will fall upon acceleration. The mousetrap needs an artillery which pulls a pulley, this is attached by string, the longer the arm the much force is being pulled. I have observed that a racer needs to have at least 3 wheels to run, however I have seen designs with different configurations and wheels up to eight. nonetheless I have unyielding to use four wheels for my racer, devil small wheels on the former and two large wheels at the back, I believe this will increase the rolling quad of the racer with the large wheels at the rear and acceleration at the front with a instantaneous wheel spin. I have chosen to construct the body out of pine as it is a light material and is soft enough to arise and sand easily insofar is strong enough for its think purpose and is readily available. The wheels I will be utilise atomic number 18 two wheels I will recycle from run short years design challenge: CO2 dragster, as these are lightweight and are perfect size. Fo r the rear wheels I have chosen to use CD discs as these are large and have a thin contact patch which reduces weight, plus the undersi...

No comments:

Post a Comment