Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Blacks in the Criminal Justice System Essay

All I wanted to do was pop d make to the entirely night pill pusher and get some medicine for my wife. Should concord been a job that took ten minutes at the approximately solely here I am sitting in my rail substance car a reliable xxx minutes novelr delay for this youth jurisprudence rack upicer to decide if he wants to prosecute me for something or not. Should choose cast off-keyn demote than to drive my mother-in-laws car I suppose. I should have bought my own but there you go. Her car was behind mine, she didnt have a problem with me taking it, she gave me the keys for probity sake. But no mode should a younker inexorable male be driving a posh Mercedes just about at night on his own.No I would have been ignored peradventure if I had been driving the old ford compact. But then no I would have lifelessness been picked up, after all it is gone ten pm and this is a nice area. No copper on this beat would understand that I was actually solitary(prenominal) ab start 200 yards from home. But thats not how things are done around here, are they? No, this copper stand fors I have stolen the car, you can unsloped reassure by the amount of time he is spending on that radio of his. Doesnt matter that I have already given him my license and registration for the car doesnt matter that I have given him my home phone number so he can speak to my mother-in-law herself.Nope you can skilful tell from the way this guy is assisting at me that he is planning to arrest me for something this night, he is just having trouble working out what for. Oh well, I guess I am about to find out what he wants now, here he comes again. Oh yes officer of course I impart get out of the car do I mind being searched, what difference does it make if I do. female genitalia he look in the car, well I am not pass to stop him, I know what happens to young blacks who resist during a pull-over. Pop the trunk, yes, stand aside, well yes to that as well.I wonder how he is outlet to turn two bags of flour and some sugar into a wrong offence carrying an illegal centre of attendance perhaps? After all sugar is supposed to be bad for you. Honestly this copper, doesnt he realize that I know exactly what he is doing and why doesnt he know that I know that if my skin color was different that he would not have even pulled me over in the first place. After all I wasnt speeding, I know there is nothing terms with the car, there was no way I could be considered acting in a suspicious mien, my only crime my face doesnt fit that of a Mercedes possessor.Funny thing is that I go on with cases just like this one everyday in my profession. Oh yes, I didnt mention to the policeman that I am a lawyer. Didnt want to aggravate him any more than necessary. I am an improve Black man, made my moma proud I did. Went to college and everything and yes I work full time. That is how I am able-bodied to afford to live in this posh neighborhood. Thats how come I can provide for my wife, our naked baby and even my mother-in-law. I am a hard working, law abiding, family orientated young black man. But to this police officer I am just trouble with a capital T.Finally, what, I can go now officer? Oh thank you so much officer, I rattling appreciate it and yes sir I will go home directly. After all I have only been trying to do that for the last thirty minutes. My wife will be worried that I have been gone for so long, the mother-in-law will think I have crashed her new car. What is really ironic is that when we go into this area we didnt ever stop to consider that maybe the color of our skin would influence the way we would be treated. We just wanted somewhere safe for our children to grow up.I work, I pay my taxes and I try and help others. We go to Church regularly and want to teach our kids to be decent gracious beings. But how am I ever exhalation to explain to my own kids that prejudice will represent you no matter where you go in life. I n this country the American dream might be achievable for some people, but not if you are male, young and black. In this country being young and black means you look like a criminal, especially to white police officers. Part cardinal White police officer pulling over African American male in late model Mercedes. It is just typical, you know.I had just stopped and bought myself a hot dog and some new-made coffee and wouldnt you know it, I see a young black male cruising onetime(prenominal) driving a late model Mercedes if you can believe it. Those cars are worth what, $60 $70,000, and I guess this guy just thought he was so lucky when he had acquired it. Okay you know and I know that this car is going to be stolen, but innocent until proven guilty and all that, it is my duty nonetheless to find out where this thug, I beg your pardon, young man is going in this posh car. Who knows maybe he runs an all night valet service and is just dropping off the car to its owner.Actually come to think about it I am fairly sure that I saw this car earlier this evening, thats right, some older white woman was driving it. I think I saw it parked outside that posh looking place just around the corner. I know that some new people had just moved in there, well tonight is their lucky night. Caught a guy red-handed with the stolen car and it will only take a hardly a(prenominal) minutes to let the owners know it has been recovered. Hey, I havent even heard a bare about the car being missing yet well thats the police force for you. Fast, in effect(p) and ready to recover items you didnt even know were missing.You cant get any better service than that. The number one wood seems polite enough. Had to approach the car really slowly, because although I had only seen the driver, his mates could have been laying down in the brook seat. Heard an officer was killed just last week when he pulled up what he thought was one person and there were three more thugs hidden from view. Cant be too careful, especially when he went for his license and registration in the glove box. Gave me a bit of a fright when he leaned over to get the stuff, but there was no way I was going to let that show.No way, I am just going to take these documents back and sit in my car for a minute to let my nerves calm down. Let him think I am on my radio, checking him out really good. Well isnt that strange? No criminal record, no warrants outstanding for this young thug. Address given doesnt match the one on the license, but he claims he has just moved into the area. Claims too that the car is his mother-in-laws, like that is right. What woman with a title like Gladstone-Price would have a son-in-law that was obviously a thug and Black as well, that guy moldiness have thought I was an idiot.Dispatch reckons there will be a slight arrest trying the phone number that the driver gave for the owner of the car, so while I am waiting I will just go and take another look at the car and driver let this guy know who is in charge around here. Nothing like a good frisk and a car search to let these criminals know that police authority was not something to be mucked about with, especially in this neighborhood. What a strange night. Gave the guy and the car a good going over but didnt find anything illegal.Then dispatch calls and tells me that the guy is in the clear and that the owner is a Mrs. Gladstone-Price, and that yes she had loaned her car to her son-in-law, Quincey Parks. What was even more astounding is that apparently this Parks is a lawyer and that he and his wife have just moved to that posh house around the corner. No telling what that will do to the local house prices. Still no need to apologize or anything, hes a lawyer, he should know what to expect. Im sure if I did a check on his family half of his brothers would be serving time and the other half probably should be.Time to head off and get another hot dog and some coffee. That guy Parks did mention somethin g about police harassment, but hey he should be more understanding than anybody. If he doesnt like drawing attention to himself he should never have bought his new house, and he should have stayed with his own people. Thats the problem with Blacks at once give them rights and all of a sudden they go moving into your neighborhood. Well if he thinks he is going to be asked to join the residents association he is in for a bit of a shock, we dont welcome his kind around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment